I’d been off the water for ten days after a little family vacation and some saltwater fishing and decided to hit the lake for a short evening trip. With just an hour to spare before the sun went down, I wanted to catch some summer channel catfish, clean them and cook them so I could not only figure out what the catfish were doing for my guide trip the next day but also so I could give the new Whisker Seeker Fish Fry Breading a try.
In this video, I cover some tips and techniques on how to catch catfish in the summer, how to clean catfish, and how to cook catfish. Everything you need to know about summer catfishing and fishing for channel catfish, from bank to plate. I’ll show you one of the techniques that I use to catch tons of channel catfish in the heat of the summer, then how to fillet catfish, and finally how to cook catfish easily so it turns out great. I also give the new Whisker Seeker Tackle Fish Fry Breading product a try for the very first time in this video!
Topics covered in this video:
- Techniques for catching catfish in the summer
- Catfish bait for catching catfish in the summer
- The best catfish rig to use for summer catfish
- What catfishing gear to use
- The best catfish hooks, fishing line, rod, and reels
- How to clean catfish easily
- The best fillet knife and blades for cleaning catfish
- How to cook catfish
Check out the video below!